And now lets detail the wireless service.
So you have a new wireless router and you want to setup that home network without leaving it open to everyone? Are you confused on what cable goes where and what a network key even means? Or do you have a wireless network so open that you provide internet for the whole neighborhood? Let the DaTechguy remotely connect to your system from here in Massachusetts and get it done.
What I will do:
* I will take control of your system
* I will install any needed drivers
* I will step you through the physical connection of the router
* I will set solid security for your system unless you specifically ask for an open or lesser security setting (lesser security is a really bad idea).
* I will set your firewall settings for the network
* I will leave a copy of all your network settings on your system so you can find them if you forget them.
* I will walk you through the install of a usb wireless adapter
What I won’t do:
* I won’t clean your system of virus’ or spyware I have a different auction option for that.
* I won’t install service Packs. If I think it is necessary I will DOWNLOAD them and then re-connect once installed.
* I won’t install or uninstall programs
* I won’t setup more than 3 pc on a wireless network without an additional fee
* I won’t setup Macs or pre XP systems on the network
* I won’t setup file shares.
* I will not setup a wireless printer. (I have a printer setup for that).
* If a system has faults that is preventing the network from working that is out of scope.
What I can’t do even if I wanted to:
* I can’t get a system on the network without a wireless card.
* I can’t get a printer to print if no driver exists for the operating system, the work arounds necessary are too iffy.
* I can’t access the setup of your ISP’s modem without the values.
If you system meets the following minimums then I can help you if it does not then I can’t.
A high speed internet connect (DSL or better) that is working
A Microsoft based computer running windows XP service Pack 1 or better
At least 256 mb of Ram.
All necessary cables.
An existing wireless network (if installing a wireless printer). This includes routers cables etc. and all necessary codes to access it.
If you don’t know the values on your system on XP right click on MY COMPUTER and choose PROPERTIES or choose SYSTEM in control panel. If you can’t access this info due to a virus I will take that into consideration .
Who is DaTechGuy and why should I give him my money or let him in my system?
I am a computer technician from central Massachusetts. I’ve been doing working with computers since programming or support for 20 years. I was one of the original (took the first call) techs at a company called HiWired , which did tech support for Ctrl-Center, Comcast and several other companies. In November 2008 we were all let go so I’m striking out on my own for now. I blog at https://datechguy.wordpress.com/
How are you going to connect to my system?
I will be using a piece of licensed software called LogMeIn Rescue to allow the connection between our systems. Your keyboard and mouse will become my keyboard and mouse and I will do the work as if I was in front of your PC and a chat window will open up so we can talk.
How will we start the initial connection?
After receiving payment I will contact you to arrange a time to start the connection via either a code or an e-mail.
What if I can’t get my system connected to yours?
If I can’t establish the connection then I’ll either walk you through the tuneup or refund you.
How long will it take?
I would guess an hour or two but you never know with a networking. It could eat up a ton of time, that is why there is a reserve price on this one.
What if I lose my connection?
The system should re-connect automatically if it doesn’t after a period of time I’ll give you a call or e-mail to arrange to re-connect.
How will I know when you are done?
If you are not in front of the PC I’ll leave a note, if you are I’ll tell you in chat.
Should I back up my system before this is done?
Shouldn’t be necessary but it never hurts to do it. (You should be backing up your system regularly anyway)!
What if one system can access the network but not another?
If the router/network installs and works it works. If there is an issue that has to do with a problem with one of the other computers rather than the network my fix it services can be used. I will of course try minor tweaks first before we reach that point.
Hey I’m thinking of buying a router for my mother or grandmother, can I buy this as a gift?
Sure, contact me and we will setup the details.
What if I have any questions that you haven’t answered here?
Can i use my computer while You’re working on it?